Surely, most of us have experienced how a good cup of coffee can make any groggy morning feel better. But exactly how can the left over grounds from your morning brew benefit your skin?
When brewing less than 1% of the nutrients end up in your coffee. That leaves more than 99% of all the nutrients back in the coffee grounds.
We have gathered 5 of the best reasons why coffee grounds make an amazing skin care ingredient.
Free radicals are molecules (pollution particles, etc.) which our environment is full of. Free radicals are molecules that, when damaged, whether through diet, stress, smoking or other products, can result in visible skin imperfections like dark spots and lines. However, loading up your skin with antioxidants from coffee grounds will protect and bolster the natural defence of your skin. Coffee grounds help reverse the imperfections and brightening your skin and give it a refreshed glow.
#Firmness and elasticity
Coffee grounds have the ideal consistency for creating the ultimate exfoliator. The texture of coffee grounds works excellent to buff off all those dead skin cells and supports your skins production of new skin cells. In addition it offers caffeic acid which is known to increase collagen production. Collagen is a protein produced by our cells that helps “holding” the skin together. It provides firmness and elasticity, making your skin look younger.
#Coffee beats plastic
Microbeads, which are made of plastic, are used by many industries for a variety of purposes, including cosmetic products such as scrubs. Contrary to microbeads, coffee grounds are rich on antioxidants, natural oils and can even have great effect on some skin diseases, such as psoriasis. Furthermore they won’t harm our environment when going down the drain.
Due to the fact that coffee grounds have a rich source of antioxidants and caffeine it has potent anti-inflammatory properties which make it ideal for reducing inflammation and redness in your skin, leaving you with a beautiful, even skin tone.
Coffee grounds promote blood circulation and reduce cellulite. It leads to healthy and energized-looking skin since the toxins and wastes are transported to sites of elimination. We all want that healthy flush in our cheeks in order to avoid looking like the walking dead. When using coffee grounds on your skin, like in a face mask or body scrub, it will boost the glow of your skin leaving it looking radiant and healthy.