Wondering if (and how) coffee grounds can benefit your skin?
Take a look at the nutrients hidden in the left over grounds from our favorite beverage:
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Anti-age effect: Contributes to the formation of collagen, which strenghens the skin. Increases the skin's natural fatty acid level, making the skin more supple and smooth.
- Beskyttende effekt: Contributes to the formation of keratin, which forms the outer protective layer of the skin. This helps to keep dirt, bacteria and water out, but also to keep the skin’s natural moisture content inside.
- Anti-inflammatory effect: Fights acne and impurities.
- Soothes redness and skin irritation.
- Reduces pigment spots and brightens the skin.
- Helps to reduce enlarged pores.
- Antioxidant: Prevents free radicals from breaking down healthy cells in your body. The degradation of the cells promotes the appearance of wrinkles, and can generally impair the quality and health of the skin. This process is hereby slowed down.
- Prevents rancidity: Can be used in skin care products as a natural preservative.
- Prevents cell damage: Selenium is the only mineral that is considered a traditional antioxidant. And as other antioxidants, selenium helps fight free radicals, thus protecting against cell damage.
- Reduces skin irritation and symptoms of skin allergy.
- Anti-age effect: Inhibits the formation of free radicals and therefore helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It also contributes to the formation of collagen, which gives the skin strength, and elastin, which gives skin elasticity and strengthens the skin's connective tissue.
If you're still not completely convinced, take a look at these top 5 reason to include coffee grounds in your skin care routine.